font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif -->
Thanks for swinging in! Writing with a bunch of smart young people, we blog about the monkey business of life with tweens 8-15, and love anything shiny and new. Book/movie/game reviews, shopping, nom nom snacks, OMG news and issues, pop stars, and YouTube LOLs are fair game in this jungle.

3.22.2011

Glee sez: embrace your uniqueness, don't be a hater

"Yea you may think that I'm a zero, but everyone you wanna be, probably started off like me..."
"Hit me with the worst you got and knock me down... baby, I don't care...."
"All that dirt you've been throwing my way, it ain't so hard to take..."
This video stirs up all the negative bullying the Glee kids take on, mixes in a little music and joy, and transforms the kids (at least for a few minutes) into those who can embrace their uniqueness and inspire others to do so.  As crazy tough as bullying can be, sometimes it is a good reminder to "haters" that being different is a privilege and there's power in saying, "Oh yea? You ought to be so lucky to be just like me."

What do YOU think of this song? Click the reaction button below.

No comments:

Web Analytics