font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif -->
Thanks for swinging in! Writing with a bunch of smart young people, we blog about the monkey business of life with tweens 8-15, and love anything shiny and new. Book/movie/game reviews, shopping, nom nom snacks, OMG news and issues, pop stars, and YouTube LOLs are fair game in this jungle.

5.11.2011

Nom Nom Wednesday Review: Graham Central Station Ice Cream at Friendly's

Woo woo! I decided to take the leap on to third rail of dieting and visit Friendly's to try their new Graham Central Station ice cream sundae for a post-Mother's Day treat.  Since I didn't get a birthday or a Mom's Day cake, I had a hankering for something sweet. And man...did I get it.


All aboard for our Nom Nom Review: Graham Central Station ice cream!


Taste profile: Well, if you like sweet and sugary, this treat's for you. The ice cream is a graham cracker flavored ice cream with chocolate flavored candy pieces and sweet graham cracker swirl.  Yep, sweet vanilla ice cream with candy and a the swirl tasted a bit like caramel.  Oh, with marshmellow sauce on top.  That's a sugary sweet flavor profile if I ever tasted one.


Price: the price was an ordinary "special item" price but the ice cream can be purchased as a one, two or three scoop sundae. Love that about Friendly's.


Nutritional profile: Let's just skip this category. It's not good for you... it's a TREAT darnit.


Rating: 2 out of five bananas, five being the best. Though Friendly's always offers great prices, it was just too sweet for this sweet toothed girl, not enough balance in flavor between the graham cracker crunch and the many fun flavors I was expecting in a s'more. Even the kids, who love s'mores, weren't clamoring for a taste.




1 comment:

daniellaprice30 said...

Ice cream is my favorite desserts, however, I've got too sensitive teeth. My Buckhead dentist says it's because my enamels are thin. Good thing I have a special toothpaste for sensitive teeth. It enables me to eat ice cream all I want.

Web Analytics