font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif -->
Thanks for swinging in! Writing with a bunch of smart young people, we blog about the monkey business of life with tweens 8-15, and love anything shiny and new. Book/movie/game reviews, shopping, nom nom snacks, OMG news and issues, pop stars, and YouTube LOLs are fair game in this jungle.

1.15.2012

Parents: How do YOU respond to tween "Maditude"?

Okay, this one is for the parents... what do you do when your tween shows you their unprovoked "mad" mood, or "maditude"? First thing in the morning, I get the door slammed in my face. Was it provoked by the fun paintball afternoon yesterday? Nope, I don't think so. Was it provoked by staying late at a friend's house to watch the football game? I can't imagine it was that, either... but my money is on hormones OR a lack of sleep... sure, good reasons, but how do you NOT take this type of angry tween behavior personally?

How do YOU respond?

I read the experts, but want "real world" advice from non-academics. :) Please share your tips in the comments...

No comments:

Web Analytics