font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif -->
Thanks for swinging in! Writing with a bunch of smart young people, we blog about the monkey business of life with tweens 8-15, and love anything shiny and new. Book/movie/game reviews, shopping, nom nom snacks, OMG news and issues, pop stars, and YouTube LOLs are fair game in this jungle.

7.21.2012

Life with Liv: Be a sport and try a sport

Summer's here and it is fun to get out and get active. So trying a new sport is a good idea.

You might be nervous to try a new sport because you don't know much about it. New rules, new coaches, maybe new kids, new equipment all can be kind of scary.

that's me, #10
My friends at school were always talking about lacrosse, so one day I asked them more about it. I ask them questions like what are the rules, what do we have to wear, how do you score, are the coaches nice, where do you practice? They told me everything about lacrosse, and it sounded really fun.

I borrowed a stick first and practiced with my dad in the backyard and of course I didn't do very well my first time. It was really fun to play and I wanted to sign up for the spring league so I had to be patient because it was months away, but that gave me time to practice.

When the spring came around, it was time for my first practice.  I learned all the rules, meet my new teammates, my coaches were really nice, and lacrosse was much better with my friends than listening about it at school.  We spent of time learning the basics like cradling the ball, catching the ball, throwing the ball, and lots of lots of running. Exercise alert!

One thing about learning a new sport is you have to be patient, and you have to remember that other teammates may be better than you. This can be frustrating and even make you upset sometimes but don't give up, just work harder to catch up.

Learning a new sport may seem scary but when you have friends there, nice coaches and you understand the game you can have an awesome time. And this goes for every single sport.

Keep reading this blog and I'l give you more tips.

Love,
Liv : )
age 10

No comments:

Web Analytics