font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif -->
Thanks for swinging in! Writing with a bunch of smart young people, we blog about the monkey business of life with tweens 8-15, and love anything shiny and new. Book/movie/game reviews, shopping, nom nom snacks, OMG news and issues, pop stars, and YouTube LOLs are fair game in this jungle.

3.16.2011

Nom Nom Wednesday Review: PowerBar Pure & Simple bar

Powerbar Pure & Simple Energy. 
Well, it's Wednesday. Hump Day.  Sometimes you need a little burst of energy to push you through the day. Or night, as my blogging schedule requires.  Hello 3a catch up session, goodbye proper night sleep.

To power me up, I'm loving my PowerBar Pure & Simple Energy bars, especially the Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie flavor. They are 100% natural (natch), have 5g of protein, 8g of whole grains, 10% DV fiber, and no nasty stuff... no high fructose corn syrup or transfats. Nada. At 130 calories and 2.5g of fat, they are the perfect zoom zoom to get me through the afternoon.  Find it anywhere, from Walgreens to your local GNC.

Taste profile: a bit dry but nicely balanced with the cranberries and oatmeal taste.  More "nutty" than other bars, and definitely not as sweet or "glazed" as the more sugary counterparts. Makes me feel like I'm eating healthy and fueling up for the next challenge...


Nom nom nom. Clickety clack click. Nom nom nom.

No comments:

Web Analytics