font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif -->
Thanks for swinging in! Writing with a bunch of smart young people, we blog about the monkey business of life with tweens 8-15, and love anything shiny and new. Book/movie/game reviews, shopping, nom nom snacks, OMG news and issues, pop stars, and YouTube LOLs are fair game in this jungle.

10.05.2012

Jason Mraz inspires us to keep looking up

I'm pretty sure amazing singer/songwriter Jason Mraz wrote "I won't give up" as a love song.
I'm very sure it works as an inspirational song for young people struggling with life, love, living every day to the fullest. Read the lyrics, think for a moment with your eyes closed, then watch this video. Maybe you will be kinder to someone today. Maybe you will write in your journal or send someone a text that will make them smile. Maybe you will write a song and be inspired.  

Whatever you do with Jason's words, remember you are loved.

"...Even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up... 
I don't want to be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences, they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools
and gifts we got, yea, we got a lot at stake
And in the end you're still my friend 
At least we did intend for us to work 
We didn't break, we didn't burn 
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I got and what I'm not, and who I am...
I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you my love, I'm still looking up... still looking up..."
(Lyrics by Jason Mraz, "I Won't Give Up"); video below by Elliott Sellers.

1 comment:

Toni Antonetti said...

Inspirational song and lyrics.....thanks for reminding us to still look up.

Web Analytics