font-family:Verdana,Sans-Serif -->
Thanks for swinging in! Writing with a bunch of smart young people, we blog about the monkey business of life with tweens 8-15, and love anything shiny and new. Book/movie/game reviews, shopping, nom nom snacks, OMG news and issues, pop stars, and YouTube LOLs are fair game in this jungle.

4.02.2014

Finding my voice, looking in the rearview mirror

It's been a while.

We've been publishing this blog for over three years now, nearly 100,000 page views and many, many fun posts later, so it's time to take a step back and see where we've been, and see where we are going.

It's kind of like looking in the rear view mirror while driving down the road, you know?

In other words, we are recalibrating, finding our voice. No longer are my two little monkeys little - they are both taller than me, with nearly twice my shoe size. With high school and college around the corner, we are looking at different issues and concerns... bigger and more complex things than toy reviews for certain.

Ideas welcome in the comments. For now, I'm going to look for inspiration from the beauty and creativity that flows around me, and from those who inspire me. Like this video by the uber talented Stella family (yes, Lennon & Maisy's musical parents), I'm finding myself staring at my own kids from the rearview mirror these days:

"My rearview mirror guides my fate, and steers my wheel and makes me drive straight down the road... down the road I'm supposed to go." - The Stellas

No comments:

Web Analytics